Peanut Butter & Jelly Superfood Milkshake Peanut Butter & Jelly Superfood Milkshake Join us for another episode of Cooking With Avery as we prepare and
We are going back to the basics… but with a twist! This Plant Based ABC Salad will be a go-to for a quick and healthy lunch and even snack! It’s sweet and tangy flavor and awesome texture will be exactly what you are looking for when tired of eating your traditional salad!
Get This Recipe
PBS: Apple Broccoli Carrot (ABC) Salad
- 3 apples of your choice diced right before adding them to the salad Gala apples work great
- 4 cups broccoli cut and shredded around 2 medium heads
- 1 cup carrots shredded
- 1/4 cup red onion diced
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
For the Dressing:
- 1 lime squeezed
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika (optional)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp brown sugar (optional) for those who like their food sweet.
- Wash broccoli before cutting. Cut the florets from the stalks. Then cut into very small pieces. Place into a large bowl.
- Take the stems of the broccoli stalk and cut off the hard outer skin. Discard. Take the tender inside stem and cut it into matchsticks (long strips). If you have a food processor that will cut into long strips, use it.
- Add to a large bowl, the florets, stems, diced apples, shredded carrots, diced red onions, and dried cranberries.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all of the dressing ingredients.
- Add the dressing to the salad. Toss. Chill in the fridge until ready to serve. Best after chilled and dressing and salad settles.